Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mass. Senators' Speeches - Best So Far

Even most of my liberal friends aren't paying too much attention to it, but I love watching the Democratic Convention every four years. Perhaps it's my appreciation for diverse rituals but I even love the Roll Call which each state boasting in turn.

How great that Sen. Clinton and Michelle Obama are both so so right that Sen. Clinton's candidacy has almost entirely broken the glass ceiling. It will seem so much more natural for the Sen Clinton or which ever woman runs next.

And of course, I love all the liberal-hearted themes that run through so many of the speeches. My favorite two speeches are by the two Mass. senators....Kennedy's as the most sentimental and very heartfelt and Kerry's for so well summarizing the case for Obama's presidency. I'll add links to the speeches in the next day or so.

No comments: