Friday, January 04, 2008

My Caucus Experience

Caucuses are the word of the day. When we lived in MN, it was a caucus state. At the caucus, we first figured out how many attendees supported which candidates. The next step was to split up the delegates to the County Democratic Convention proportionately to the support for each candidate and then we had to choose which attendees would be the delegates at the County convention. I don't remember who I was supporting but there were just a few supporting that candidate and somehow I ended up selected as the candidate for my candidate at the county convention.

What made my participation in the convention more interesting than usual was that Logan was only 2 months old and fully nursing so I brought him with me for most of the day. He did great and I enjoyed the experience of seeing out the positions for the national platform begin with discussions at the county level. I would love to go to a national convention someday...even though it probably would be interesting for 15min and boring for all the rest.

As for tonight's results....I was sorry to hear that Dodd has dropped out but I'm very happy with the possibility of a democratic winning the nomination!

No comments: